Monday, December 20, 2010

My first post...again...how exciting. First the joy of chocolate

Chocolate, it's not just for eating!!! Who knew? Not me, until I came across some great ideas for a homemade chocolate spa day.

It was GREAT. Sooo freakin' luxiourious and decadent too, if I don't say so myself :)

Here's what I did:

First, did you know that cocoa is chalk full of GOOD stuff like antioxidants, etc? It is. It's a wonderful product to put on your skin.

Last night, I made a cocoa facial. I took a chocolate milk bubble bath. After soaking and washing up, I used a chocolate walnut scrub, which was beyond description and then I followed up with a chocolate body butter. The body butter is going to require some work, it was WAY to oily and mushy, didn't set that well. But it still was fun to rub it all over and then rinse it off.

My skin today feels...free. I don't know how to explain it. When I rubbed my morning lotion on, it literally just slid on, no resistance of dry skin whatsoever!!!

A chocolate milk bubble bath is the easiest thing ever. I took 2 cups of chocolate milk, the higher the fat content, the better. To this I added a 4th cup of honey and 2 tbsp liquid castille's soap. I whisked it up and poured the all contents underneath running water.  I didn't get tooooo great of a volume of bubbles with the two tbsp so I think I'd just go for a 1/4 c castille's next time.

I could literally feel the difference of the water, it was amazing and the smell...oo la la.

Try it out and let me know what you think...Good, good stuff!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment