Hi everyone,
I've been remiss and I apologize. This one is hard to keep up with for some reason.
But I said I'd do a series on masks for the face so here we go.
I don't believe I've mentioned before in any of the other blogs that you should always apply masks to a freshly cleaned face. So, let that be a given. Wash your face before applying a mask.
This one is very, very simple and has been used for ages by women in the know, even Cleopatra. Did I murder the spelling of her name? Ah...well.
So, here it is.
One egg white...yup that's it, one egg white. Whip it up until it forms a froth, then apply it to the face, let it set for 15 - 20 minutes, then rinse off. Egg whites are loaded with protein, the froth will harden and draw impurities and dirt to the surface. This won't dry out your skin.
If you want to add other ingredients, feel free. You can add about 1/4 tsp granulated sugar for an exfoliating mask, go for it. You add the sugar, whip it up to the froth and then apply it in small circular motions to your entire face, let it set and harden for 15 - 20 minutes, then rinse.
You can add a tsp of whipping cream for a deeply moisturizing mask, a tsp of yogurt for a restorative, balancing mask, or a tsp of honey for basic moisturizing.
This is a mask I would only do once a week.
So whip away and enjoy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment