Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Itchy Dry Scalp - What to do, what to do???

Hey everyone,

I don't know about you, but my celtic skin can scarse take the winter and what it does...drys me out completely.

In the winter, my scalp is not shielded from the onslaught of forced heat, dry air, etc...it gets itchy. Sometimes I feel like a dog scratching at myself...

Anyhoo, I got an idea for a treatment based on a product I bought from Lush and I looked some stuff up online and here's what I came up with. I've already used this on myself twice and it really works plus it feels great doing it...

Take 1 ripe avocado and put it in a blender. Add 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp avocado or jojoba oil and 1 egg plus about 10 drops peppermint essential oil and blend til smooth.

Put this goop in your hair (acts as a great conditioner too so if you have long hair, go ahead and work it in all over) paying special attention to your scalp, work it in really, really good. After your hair is a gooey mess, cover it with seranwrap.  Your scalp should start to tingle after about 5 minutes or so. I leave it in for an hour.

Hop in the shower and rinse it out completely. It takes a lot of rinsing.

Here's the only downfall. The egg will make your hair smell kind of fishy...blech. It's OK to go ahead and wash your hair right away after doing this treatment but it takes a good two washes to get the fishy smell out completely.

You really only have to do this once every two or three weeks and you might not notice a difference until the second or third time you do this but it really does help!!!

Down with those bitchy itchies...

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment