Saturday, December 25, 2010

Focus on Facials - Get the Red Out

Merry Christmas everyone,

While red, rosy cheeks might look good on Santa, we don't always want or care for them on ourselves. There are a lot of different reasons for redness in the face.

Rocasea is one, sensitive skin, cold weather, fever I have mild rocasea.  I have to be careful about what I put on my skin so as not to irritate it.

The mask below is a really good one. It's very gentle AND it helps take the red out without using chemical products or prescriptions that can ultimately irritate your skin further.

It's this simple...

1/4 cup yogurt (I get the kind with fat still in it - it's the fats and proteins that work the magic here)
2 tbsp honey

Mix this together thoroughly and apply to face and neck. Leave on for 15 minutes, rinse off.

Some of these recipes are too much for one mask.  I half this recipe and find it's the perfect amount. You can do this one 1x/week.

Another trick for those of you with redness in the skin is to use a green base before applying your make up. I know it sounds weird but applying the green evens out the skin tone and gives you a nice porcelain look to your skin...

Have a great Christmas. Enjoy and love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment