Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gentle face mask for mature skin

Hi everyone,

I think I'm going to cover facial masks for awhile...skin suffers so terribly in the winter. With all the different skin types out there, it can be hard to know what on earth you can do to properly nourish your skin.

This one is extremely gentle, no abrasives or exfolients, just pure moisture and comfort for a face that's had wind blown directly in it, been exposed to the cold, chill air.

Now, I am "halfing" the recipe because of short shelf life. This mask would be good for one use. If you want to double it up to it's orginal size, go for it but refrigerate it and know that it's probably only good for one week, two at the most. These kinds of masks will not harm your skin with repeated use. Remember, you only want to exfoliate no more than two times a week. Exfoliation is an excellent tool in keeping your skin in tip top condition but it does remove natural oils and on a daily basis, this would just be too much.

Ok, so here's the recipe.

One tbsp honey
One tsp sweet almond oil
One drop vitamin E oil
3 drops rose essential oil

Mix this together well. Apply to face and neck. Leave on for 15 minutes, rinse and follow up with a moisturizer.

I loved how gentle this one was. The rose didn't irritate my skin at all. It felt so soft afterwards.

Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment