How lovely.
Parachutes
I highly recommend you listen to as much as them as possible. I'm going to take a day off this summer and just lay by the pool and listen to thier beautiful music. I hope they tour again, I want so badly to see them. I'm making music a priorty again, it brings me joy unimaginable.
What's going through my mind today? This winter has sucked and I got an email from someone yesterday speaking of perspective. This person means a lot to me. I've known him since I was a baby in AA and I went through a lot of pain in my early years there. Some, much, brought on by myself but he was a part of that...not the pain but my beginnings so to speak and I fucked up my beginnings but still I look back on that time fondly now.
There are many parts of being a witch and there's to much to go into here although I decided that's where I'm going to in the next couple weeks. Some explanations, some definitions of my belief and spirituality. For anyone interested in the basics, I have a number of books to suggest.
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner (Includes Author's Book of Shadows), Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner (Llewellyn's Practical Magick Series)
Right now, I'm listening to Courtney Love with Hole. Miss World, you want some lyrics -shit:
I am the girl you know, can't look you in the eye
I am the girl you know, I lie and lie and lie
I am the girl you want, can't look you in the eye
I am the girl you know, I lie and lie and lie
I'm Miss World, somebody kill me
Kill me pills, no one cares, my friends, my friends
I'm Miss Workd, Watch me break, Watch me burn
No one is listening, my friends yeah
I make my bed, I lie in it, I make my bed, I die in it
I make my bed, I lie in it, I make my bed, I die in it
Kill girls watch when I eat ether
Suck me under, maybe forever my friends
I make my bed, I lie in it, I make my bed, I die in it
I make my bed, I lie in it, I make my bed, I cry in it
I make my bed, I lie in it, I make my bed, I cry in it
I make my bed, I die in it, I lie in it my friend
I am the girl you know can't look you in the eye
Miss World
That was me. I still love that song but I don't feel bad when I listen to it anymore. You know what song I love, it expresses such joy and how I see myself now. It's by a band called the innocence mission.
And you live your life with your arms stretched out.
Eye to eye when speaking.
Enter rooms with great joy shouts,
Happy to be meeting.
And bright,
Bright,
Bright, bright as yellow,
Warm as yellow.
And I do not want to be a rose.
I do not wish to be pale pink,
But flower scarlet, flower gold.
And have no thorns to distance me,
But be bright,
Bright,
Bright, bright as yellow,
Warm as yellow.
Even if I'm shouting, even if I'm shouting here
Inside.
Even if I'm shouting, do you see that I'm wanting,
That I want to be so so
Bright,
Bright,
Bright, bright as yellow,
Warm as yellow.
Eye to eye when speaking.
Enter rooms with great joy shouts,
Happy to be meeting.
And bright,
Bright,
Bright, bright as yellow,
Warm as yellow.
And I do not want to be a rose.
I do not wish to be pale pink,
But flower scarlet, flower gold.
And have no thorns to distance me,
But be bright,
Bright,
Bright, bright as yellow,
Warm as yellow.
Even if I'm shouting, even if I'm shouting here
Inside.
Even if I'm shouting, do you see that I'm wanting,
That I want to be so so
Bright,
Bright,
Bright, bright as yellow,
Warm as yellow.
Bright As Yellow
Do yourself a favor, listen to them...the CD glow is amazing, light and lilting and pretty...floating music.
I'm bright as yellow today, I'm flower scarlet
I am Spring today. Happy Imbolc to all my lovely pagans out there and to those who do not follow the ancient ways, I wish you a Happy Imbolc as well. At one time, long ago, we all were witches, witches with different talents, different specialties but we worshiped the Lord and Lady in all their aspects. We were attuned with the Mother, who gives us life and sustains us.
Who is Denise today?
I'm flower scarlet, flower gold
I'm bright as yellow
I'm a witch
I AM LOVE
Share that love, feel warmth today, close your imagine the stirrings of the seeds, the preparation of the soil for growth and then look inside your being and feel those stirrings there...
Blessed Be!!
No comments:
Post a Comment