Thursday, February 3, 2011

Multi-layered masks

Hi everyone,

Well, I couldn't sleep so I decided to treat myself to a mask I read about in one of my books. Now, I did some extras too as usual but here's what I did.

I washed my face: I wrote down the recipe in one of my prior blogs.

Then I boilded water, put it in a bowl with two drops of frankincense and 2 drops of rose otto. I draped a towel over my head and steamed my face for 5 minutes. I then submerged the towel and wrung it out. You will need to wear rubber gloves for this because the water will still be hot, hot, hot. Then I layed down and put the towel over my face for about 1 minute as the towel cools down relatively quickly. I didn't rinse my face. Then I took one tbsp of honey and stirred in 1tsp of sugar, regular sugar because it's finer and not to abrasive. I've said it before and I'll reiterate now: DO NOT EXFOLIATE ANY PART OF YOUR BODY MORE THAN TWICE A WEEK. True, exfoliation gets rid of dead skin but it also removes your skins natural oils. Natural oil is a GOOD thing.

Ok, then with a baster, I put a layer of plain yogurt on my entire face and neck and let it dry.

Next I blended one avocado and one mango together and with the baster applied a layer of this to my face and neck and let it dry.

Then, with my juicer, I made some carrot juice to which I added green clay and stirred it up. I applied this liberally to face and neck and let it dry.

When it dried completely, I rinsed it off in the shower, less messy this way and odds are you'll be washing your hair and body so you won't get it all over everything.

After my shower, I patted my face dry. Another tip, don't rub your skin dry, pat it.

I then applied my facial serum bar and my skin feels so great.

It's a bit extravagant of a mask but man did it feel good. Tonight, I do my moisturizing mask and I think I'm going to add my oils right to the rest of the avocado and mango mash. I added a bit of vitamin e to it so it won't spoil.

I am in love with the way my face looks and feels...

Happy Masking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment