I just made up a recipe for facial serum bars which I will feature at my next party. What are facial serum bars?
They are in many ways similar to a lotion bar. I use sesame oil as a base. Sesame oil is stinky stuff, although I don't mind the smell. It is also a natural sun screen, NOT a sun block, but a sun screen, it helps to deflect harmful rays.
I made it with sesame oil (the darker, the better sun protection) - 1/4 c, 1/8 c beeswax, 1 tsp avocado butter and then I added one drop of each of the following essential oils:
1/4 c sesame oil
1/8 c beeswax
1 tsp avocado butter
1 tsp vitamin e oil
Francincense
Myrr
Clary Sage
Lavendar
Sandalwood
Rosewood
Spikenard
Rose
Patchouli
These are all used in anti-aging products. You cannot by substitutes, it has to be the actual essential oils.
Oils you should NOT use are phototoxic oils. This means with exposure to the sun, they can actually do more harm then good, they produce a super sensitivity:
These are: Angelica Root
Bergamot
Cumin
Ginger
Lemon
Lime
Lovage
Mandarin
Orange
Verbena
Ok so heat the oil, beeswax, vitamin e. Once wax is melted and liquid looks clear, turn off heat and let set for 3 minutes, then add essential oils...stir. Pour into ice cube trays (should make enough for four squares in the tray. Freeze to harden quicker faster. Turn tray over and bars will fall out. Put on face as moisturizer in A.M and use at night before moisturizing.
Works great, let me tell you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment